31 July 2007

"Gosh!"

To quote Napoleon.

So here I am, trying to be the good blogger and putting up post after post about my trip and all I get back is, “what about the half marathon?” Hello! Sometimes my friends are so harsh.

Just kidding. I appreciate everyone's interest and concern. Truth is, I suck. KG after I saw you, I came down with this awful cold that knocked me out. I slept for hours and was drugging up with Nyquil, Dayquil, cough meds, aspirin – all to no avail.

So Friday I finally gave in that I probably wouldn't make the 13 miles since I hadn't ran much the last two weeks, and though maybe I could do the 5K instead. But Saturday when I woke up, I felt worse than I had the day before – my cough was worse and my head was full of snot. Not a pleasant way to run, so I went back to bed and slept for a few more hours, waking up feeling better, but still in no shape to run.

So the long and the short: I suck. Sorry folks.

No comments: