30 July 2007

Like you didn't know this already...

I'm weird. Yep, I know it and fully admit it. And it's true.

Recently, I tried ear candling. This was pretty cool, I will admit. I was a little nervous but I had heard good things about it from a couple people at work. And since I've been sick the last week (the second time in a month) I thought maybe a good ear cleaning would be good.

I'd go into all the sick details of how I did this, but I'd rather you just read about it here, here, here, or here. They can explain it better than I can. There are disputing arguments on this – some people say it's great, others say it doesn't really work. But I tell you, the wax I saw had to have been wax out of my ears and my head feels more open and clearer than it has in weeks. So I'm a new believer.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I really wanted to try this but then the Ear, Nose, and Throat Dr. made fun of me for even thinking it was a good idea. So I kind of stopped thinking about trying it. But if you say it works... I want to try it now! Stupid Doctors...fun haters really.

Megan said...

Okay, I just noticed this post (how did I miss it before? You and your short posts...) and I'm so glad to hear another rational, intelligent person singing its praises. My grody ENT problems have escalated rapidly over here, so I'm all about alternative therapies before I simply head back to the States and get my head surgeried within an inch of survival.

I'm already on the neti pot train (oooh... such goodness...) and this weirdness sounds like goodness. I don't know where I'd go to try it here, but... with your vote behind me, maybe I'll figure it out!