22 July 2007

Quickly

So this will be quick because I'm sitting at Dunn Bros and have been for about 2 hours now, sipping my Chai and nibbling my scone (both aren't faves but needed so I can access here via WiFi), and I think the staff may start asking me to leave if I don't finish up. Plus I need to recharge the 'puter.

Last week I was at a camp working with kids who's parents are all part of the National Guard (Army and Air). It was a pretty cool week, as I look back on it. The program is awesome, bringing kids together who are all in the same boat yet hundreds of miles apart. It helps them to connect with each other and realize they aren't alone, all while learning a few military tidbits, spending some time canoing and playing games and checking out the great attractions of the state.

My job was to take pictures of it all. Admittedly I'm really worried about this. Granted I have my new camera! which is super awesome and worked great, but I'm a little worried about the operator. I'm not sure I got what I intended or needed. I guess we'll see. I had another photographer with me and hopefully she got some good stuff too and we can put out a stellar product for the kids this week and i'll be asked back next year.

And lucky me, it wasn't just for the kids. I was able to connect with some great people I work with as well as others from the other side. Shawn, Rebecca, Rachel, BJ, Shannon, Alex, Kevin, Kevin, Sarah, Sarah, Dale – and many more – were all awesome and I'm so glad I was able to hang out with them and get to know them while we worked at this cool event.

AND lucky me, I got to see My November Guest yesterday. She's the best. I forgot to download the pics from my camera so you'll have to wait another day for those, but it was great to see her again.

One more week to go...putting together the stellar yearbook from the event and prepping for a Half Marathon coming up Saturday. To be honest, I'm really nervous about the latter (well, both actually, but I know I can handle one). I haven't run a Half yet, and I didn't get time to run last week, so this week will be brutal as I prepare. Good news, it's on a downward slope so hopefully the 13 miles won't be too bad. :)

2 comments:

jb said...

hey -- i know you know this, but don't get in many miles this week. you should technically be tapering this week. run a couple of easy 4 or so milers early in the week and then rest for the rest of the week. seriously -- it's probably about the most important week of your training and if you run too much this week you will hate yourself this weekend.

:)

Justin G said...

hi moe....i miss you!