17 December 2006

So far, so good

Yep, I'm on vacation. Truly, I am. Yet there are still these sightings of me at work. (I really need to get a computer at home!)

But so far it hasn't been bad. I've had breakfast with fun people, I've had supper with other fun people, I've helped a friend move many, many heavy boxes to her new apartment, I've relaxed and read books and started knitting a blanket for a friend. Life is good.

Speaking of books, JB gave me this book and Brenda gave me this book, of which I've almost finished the latter. Yeah, it's not on my list, but when people loan me books I want to read them right away so I can return them. I haven't been so good with that in the past. In fact, I think I still have a book of Sean's I need to return to him. Hmm.

Anyway, the book from Brenda has been very interesting. Upon my initial reading of the series, I found a lot of Christian-like set-ups, as well as Greek Mythology and other just basic world views in life. Granger points out these quite well, but also steps into a few other thoughts I hadn't considered. It really kicks out from under their feet the whole "Harry Potter is evil" phenomenon that was occurring early in the series publication days. It only goes through book 5, and now I want to reread those first books to see if I can see the match-ups he's made, and then read book 6 to see if I can see the patterns still occurring.

So so far, that's what I've been doing. I know all you readers in internet land are really excited about this. Whatever. I just didn't want you to think I had disappeared due to the Rapture or something. Oh and I have an interview on Wednesday, for which I'm excited and nervous and excited again. I'm hoping it will go well, though it would mean an entirely new life (both in the workplace and in general location of life) would begin. It's kind of fitting that all this is happening during Advent, the season of waiting and preparing for the coming of Christ. I've been waiting too...and maybe if this goes well my life will begin again anew.

I'll be back in the meantime and will fill you all in. Until then, enjoy life!

No comments: