01 March 2005

Dreams = Future?

I had a dream last night in which I was having my yearly review with my boss, Carol, and for some reason the payroll administrator. Things were going fine but at the end of it Nicole, playing the role of Cindie, informed me that Carol had gave me such a great review and had recommended me for a promotion to manager and my raise would be effective the following Monday (I think it was a Friday in my dream). "Yay," I shouted. But then I paused. What did this mean, Manager? I already am the InfoDesk manager. What difference was this going to make? Nicole/Cindie went on to explain that my hours wouldn't change much but I'd be working in a different office for the afternoons. She said, "Due to this change you don't have to come in to work until 8am". Well then, that wouldn't help me much - somehow I thought I still wouldn't have a lunch. All in all it was a pretty strange dream, esp. in light of what Howard and I had talked about a few weeks ago regarding my future here at Luther.

I really wish I could figure out my future, either here at Luther or elsewhere. I had a great talk yesterday with Sean W about my military life. Sometimes I wish I could just be full time guard or something but then when I talked with Anthony a few weeks ago about it he hated it. I guess I'll just have to wait it out...

2 comments:

Justin G said...

wow, quite a dream- so what did Howard say about your future here at Luther?

~moe~ said...

That's not for a blog - never know who could actually read it here. :) Let's do lunch or coffee or drinks sometime and I'll fill you in. :)