10 March 2005

Rules, Files, Lent and the neverending discernment

So Jay says he gets 2 days to call. We'll see. I'm going out with Kris tonight who I think he was going to call yesterday, so maybe she got more of a scoop. And I know he and Hal are doing lunch today so maybe he'll stop by. I guess we'll see...low expectations, right? That's what it's all about. But maybe I should just stick with hitting on the gay boys. At least they respond. :)

Yesterday was productive, yet not. My other office was in shambles Tuesday when I left to meet Scott and I was on the verge of tears feeling out of control at the situations at hand. Thank God for Mary who kept me sane on the way to my date. Thank God for Troy for boosting my ego again....shadow puppets and all. :) But yesterday, I went in early - basically skipping lunch, though I did eat my eggs - and cleaned off the desk, set up files like I've been meaning to, and got my life somewhat organized. Kathy came in later and cleaned up her side of the room too. I think this will help us both. The last few weeks with all the insane mailings, phone calls, meetings - we're both just going nuts! We have a bit more organization now so maybe the next few weeks will go smoother.

2 more weeks of Lent. I'm going to miss this season. It's depressing yet energizing, looking forward to what's to come - we know what's going to happen, and yet it's still so exciting. Christ is going to rise for us! WOW! It's an incredible gift. Too bad it gets sucked up in 'rabbit season' instead. I'm singing in church next Wednesday. Finally picked out a song last night at the last minute. It's "I Need Thee Every Hour" and very fitting for me right now. Here's the text:

I need Thee every hour, Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
I need Thee, O I need Thee;
every hour I need Thee!
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee.
I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee!
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee.

It's pretty simple, I could certainly do more or something a little more difficult, but this is pretty fitting for me, and others?, right now. (Plus, Ethan thought I sounded good...and I was just practicing!) :) I need God more than ever as I continue to struggle with this whole discernment process. You'd think I'd know what I want to do with my life - I'm 30 years old! (almost) ugh. Hopefully the Strength Finders class I'm doing with Krista will help. Maybe meeting with Mons would help too. I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Karen Elizabeth said...

Hey. You're right...we are facing some of the same issues. Let me know how strength finders went.