14 March 2005

Weekends...ah

Weekends are so good. This weekend I had absolutely nothing planned (with the exception of course of church - but that's not a planned function but a necessity to function). So Friday night, I went home and watched Joan and Johnny from last week and then Numbers. Man! What great shows! Saturday I woke up the normal time, but forced myself to stay in bed a little longer...one of those obligations a person feels on a weekend they have off...sleep in while you can! But I ended up getting up around 7:30 or 8 and putzed til 10 when I could call Mary. Of course, Mary was still in bed! Silly woman. We ran some errands, I made tiny pies (update below) and knitted my little heart away while watching old episodes of CSI. I was glad I did...I had forgotten one of Doc Robbins best lines - Gil says, "Doc, tell me something I don't know." And Doc says, "Okay, when I was in fourth grade I dropped out of karate because a kid half my size made me cry." Gil pauses and says, "About the body, Al." I forgot how funny that was! :) Yeah, I 'm a dork.

Anyway, Sunday was spent driving around in the morning...where I will not say...and then going to church. We sang Mark Sedio's "Rich in Promise", a beautiful piece well-fitting for Lent and the story of Lazarus. It was great. Of course I decided to be an alto this week since the women were all on the same line so I sat by Debbie. That was a mistake. My tummy started to grumble because I skipped breakfast (that whole fasting thing on the morning of communion...big mistake!). It was just a quiet grumble, but super loud. Susan kept turning around. It was really bad because Debbie and I were laughing so hard and we're in the front row! UGH! And Gary had a really good sermon going too. NOTE TO SELF: Must eat breakfast!

After church, I went home and vegged - CSI, knitting, relaxing. It was a pretty good day all in all. I feel like I should have done more and anyone reading this probably thinks I'm a pretty pathetic individual. Oh well. It was my first weekend off in a long time.


No comments: