15 March 2005

Biased? ha!

My friend Russ is a writer. Well, let me clarify (clarity minus 3!). He's not a writer in the sense of Stephen King or Ernest Hemingway, more like Jim Garamore. Russ writes for his local newspaper. He and I met at DINFOS when we were attending the Basic Journalist Course for our respective services. I beat him out by 3 months for the title of section 3 leader which teamed me up with JO2 Joel Ceaser (at the time...I think he got promoted since then). Anyway, I've been bugging Russ to send me some of his stuff to read. So today, after accusing me of being biased - wait let me get this right... "Thanks so much for the compliments on my writing. God knows your biased, but it made my day nonetheless." So there you go. I made someone's day. Russ IS a good writer though, if you like reading news stories. Here are some of his.

This whole blog thing reminds me of something Joel once said to me when I asked how to improve my writing. He said, "WRITE!" Of course, he meant a novel or something stellar like that, but I think this works just fine for now. Of course Jay would still find me a sad, pathetic case since I'm blogging instead of talking to him, but I think there are times when a girl just needs to write/type things down. This has become a neat kind of journal for me and since I'm on the computer everyday anyway, this works well. yay!

2 comments:

Karen Elizabeth said...

Your link to the writing doesn't work. So we hired a new guy. um, yeah, I've got nothing to say. just wanted to put a comment up cuz I like it when people comment on my blog. So, yeah. Have a great day!

~moe~ said...

Try it now - I changed it around a bit and it works for me so I don't know why it doesn't work for you. strange.