21 October 2009

Runner, I am

This morning on dailymile.com one of my training buddies wrote the following: Solid run at about 75% effort. Started out 45 deg. in light drizzle, last 6 miles were steady cold rain with nice cooling breeze. No ice bath needed. I am sure people thought I was crazy running out there, but it wasn't too bad. Note to self: purchase rain jacket today. Brrrrrrrr

I had to chuckle at that and wrote back to him, "You aren't crazy. You're a runner." (same difference) :)

I ran in the drizzle this morning, ending before the steady cold rain that he experienced. But it was great, other than having to clean my glasses every block. It felt good to be able to get out at 5:15, go for a short run up and down the city streets without a care in the world. The rain kept me cool, but not too much since it was 45 degrees. My legs felt great and I just wanted to run and run and run. Sadly, the clock was inching closer and closer to the time I would need to be home to shower and get ready for work. Sometimes work just gets in the way. I wish I had more flexible hours. :)

Which reminds me of the days when I worked at LS and I was splitting my time between two departments. Both of my bosses had a flexible schedule and neither were in before 9 unless they had some extremely pressing meeting. One would work later but both could also work from home if need be. Some days I wish I had that kind of schedule, especially when I'm having a great run in the morning before work. Maybe someday, but if I stay in this career field, probably not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy.... Runner.... those words are synonymous for many people, but I think I'd rather be a runner than a crazy! :-)

Running in rain sounds kind of pleasant right now. I don't remember the last time I saw a good rain.