30 March 2006

It's almost April!

What a day. It’s raining. I love the rain. It was raining a year ago too. Weird. It’s Mark’s Mini’s baptism day, as I had declared back then. It’s all good.

Called mom this morning at 0600 – I thought about doing that at 0445 when I woke up and wishing her a happy birthday then, but as LR said, that would be just cruel. Mom said that turnabout is fairplay, but what is she going to do – call me at 10pm? Haha

I just wrote and deleted a recap of the week. You don’t want to read that anymore than I want to recap it. It’s just been busy. But a good busy. But it’s leaning toward the weekend now, being Thursday and all, so I’m starting to look at baking recipes to see what I can do on Saturday. It’s kind of become my baking day. There are some cute recipes on the M&M’s page. I need to work on my cakes, cupcakes and especially my frosting techniques. I think my cookies are fine and I usually have pretty good success with any I make. But now it’s time to work on cakes and things since so many birthday’s are coming up. Emmy’s b-day is in a couple weeks and I had volunteered to try this cake, but I need to do something smaller first just to see. The Guinness cake was fine but these b-day cakes are a little different scheme of things.

Later…

Okay venting for a moment. Why is it that when you explain the system to a person they still don’t follow it?

And if you haven’t figured it out, I didn’t get the CLI job. And I’m okay with that. Transitions and changes are good but timing is everything. It does open my eyes a bit to keep an eye out for other options as time continues on.

So here’s some fun. Once you’ve done my Johari, go to my Nohari window. :) Don’t be scared…it’s all good.

1 comment:

kendi said...

well, i'm sorry you didn't get the cli job, but i'm glad that you seem okay with sticking around at the desk and looking for other new stuff. sooner or later you'll need to find something new, but right now it's the case that you're just not ready.

i know exactly what you mean about people and systems. they think their relationship with you entitles them to special treatment. they don't know that you have that same relationship with EVERYONE; it's your job.