28 March 2006

"When is a sidewalk fully dressed?"

“When it’s Waring Hudsucker!” natch.

I don’t know how that got into my head. I haven’t seen that movie in years, though it is one of my favorites.

Okay, actually, I take that back. I know how it got into my head. I thought to myself as I began to type, “I’m wearing down.” And my thought response was, “No, I’m Waring Hudsucker!” (yes, I answer myself in my head - sometimes out loud, too)

And one of the best…well what would you call this…sequence of lines (?) was in this film:

Board Member 1: What if you tire before it's done?
Board Member 2: Does it have rules?
Board Member 3: Can more than one play?
Board Member 4: What makes you think it's a game?
Board Member 3: Is it a game?
Board Member 5: Will it break?
Board Member 6: It better break eventually!
Board Member 2: Is there an object?
Board Member 1: What if you tire before it's done?
Board Member 5: Does it come with batteries?
Board Member 4: We could charge extra for them.
Board Member 7: Is it safe for toddlers?
Board Member 3: How can you tell when you're finished?
Board Member 2: How do you make it stop?
Board Member 6: Is that a boy's model?
Board Member 3: Can a parent assemble it?
Board Member 5: Is there a larger model for the obese?
Board Member 1: What if you tire before it's done?
Board Member 8: What the hell is it?

I love Board Member 1. It's so appropriate for today..."What if I tire before it's done?" Long day already. I seriously dozed and tossed from 12:15 on this morning. Everytime I’d try to fall asleep I’d start thinking about this event today and all my fears of it failing would come flying into my face. It’s kind of been my first event really, I mean, planning from the beginning with the client to the very end. I’ve tried to be very diligent and specific. So far it’s going okay. The next one tonight will also be a doozy but should (*cross fingers*) pull off fine, too.

But this tossing and turning is so not great. And now my motivation is starting to wear off – maybe I need some ice cream. Oh wait, no. That’s not good. But I need something. My snacks are all gone. :(

Hey go to my johari window! :)

No comments: