10 March 2006

Odd moment...

I was chatting with my friends K&M today (not the music company). I asked K about her job – she’s been working retail as of late while M works on his PhD. She said she applied for the CLI job Feb. 11 – the same job I applied for, but she hasn’t heard from L or R about it. (how’s this for code?) I’m wondering if her resume got lost in the mail – KR had been out sick for awhile and is out again this week, as are L&R. So she contacted them again to indicate an interest in speaking with them next week when they return.

Now, the good person in me is tempted to withdraw my app – K would be great at this job, she also will be around for awhile, plus I know with her and M’s family it’d be good for them to have the benefits. The bad* person in me still wants to see what will happen next week when L&R return.

The cool k and I just chatted about this a bit. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I wasn’t really upset when I heard K had applied, which makes me think maybe the job isn’t for me. There are guard issues that keep coming up in my head. I know K could start probably right away which would be beneficial for the office, whereas I couldn’t start til April 1 – leaving me with no time with DD and then only a few initial days of training before heading to Alaska.

So is where do I go from here – with what’s good for the school? Or what’s good for Moe? And do I know what’s good for Moe yet?

*maybe bad isn't the right term here, but maybe alternate ego in me?

1 comment:

Justin G said...

i still think you need to let the process work itself out- let r and l decide who the best person is...somehow this will work out