04 February 2006

And so the weekend begins...

Friday mom retired from her job at the bank. Wow. I’m still amazed to be saying those words. She turns 62 this year and I know she’ll be fine, it just seems odd to take it all in. When you’re younger you never think about your parents not working, especially when they’ve worked all your life. I mean, you know it’s going to happen, but you never really think about it seriously. Kind of along the same lines as your parents dying: You know it’s going to happen, but you never really think about that moment.

I realized earlier this week that I am the same age mom was when she was pregnant with me. She had 3 kids and me on the way by this point in her life. It’s a little surreal. Especially since I can barely get a date. :)

Anyway, Friday the SD/MN kids took mom out for supper to celebrate. Max and family couldn’t make it due to distance and poor planning on our part. They were all missed. Supper was fun – it was great to see the little kids.

Now I’m protecting the upper Midwest from a pubic affairs emergency. Or something like that. I’ve been here two hours already, eight more to go…

No comments: