11 March 2012

Weekend recap

Friday was a long day. It was funeral day in my world. My former personal trainer, JG, lost his mom last week and her funeral was Friday am. I wasn't sure if I should go or not, but I'm glad I did. I ended up meeting up with another friend from grad school, Tim W. He and JG are co-workers now. It was great to meet up with them both, though I didn't talk to JG. He wasn't looking too well and I wanted to let him have his peace.

Friday night, MPJ's wife and I headed to another memorial service for our co-worker's mom. She had died suddenly on Tuesday and I felt I needed to go. It was a nice memorial and our co-worker, Nikki, was overwhelmed that we drove so far to be there for her. She was really close to her mom, and I'm really glad we went.

The only bad thing was that we didn't get home til 11 and I still got up at 5:20 for class. I debated on going, but Kari and I had agreed Friday morning to meet for class Saturday AM. I'm glad I went. Jamie taught and we had a great class - though we were the only two fired up, it seemed. No one on the East side ever yells or cheers their partner on during class. It's so weird. So we were pretty loud and obnoxious but we had fun.

M and I had our first pre-martial counseling after class. We spent an hour talking with E about our issues, which was good. We have some things to work on, but it was helpful to realize that we weren't as screwed up as I thought. :)

After that, M let me take a nap while he cleaned out behind the dryer and vacuumed out the vent. Then we went into town and ran some errands, had lunch, and made plans for the evening. M worked on our centerpieces for the wedding some more while I went through papers. Exciting Saturday night, if you ask me.

Today, we headed in to town and had breakfast while reading through the scripture options for the wedding. I did my best to keep my mouth shut so M could make the decision, but he got to the point where he had me narrow it down and read them out loud and then we picked from there. He hasn't studied the Bible like I have and he said he struggles sometimes to understand them. So I did my best to read them and we picked from there. One fits us really well. Really really well. :)

We stopped in to visit his mom for awhile. Then headed home to wash cars and get some work done. M spent the afternoon welding and cleaning cars while I attempted cream cheese mints for the first time. M had picked out a bunch of flavors but I only made two today. What a mess. I need to figure out the trick with these. I wanted to practice so I can get them figured out before the week of the wedding. No sense in adding additional stress that week. It'll be bad enough that we'll need to make them then, but at least I'll have a better idea of how to make them quickly and efficiently.

Now, I'm exhausted. Daylight Saving Time sucks in the spring, but I guess it's just something to live with. It doesn't change much for me, other than more light at the end of day, which would be good. I already go to work in the dark, so that doesn't change, but maybe now I can get some runs in after work.

For now, I'm going to finish this up, play a game and then go to bed. Tomorrow is Monday - I'm hoping to get back in my routine tomorrow, including making my hard boiled eggs, cooking up some chicken and cleaning. It'll be nice to get back to normal.

No comments: