09 March 2012

QiZen

Last night as I was trying to fall asleep, M said to me, "You just need to find your chi-zen and clear your mind." I started laughing because I heard "cheesin'" - so relaxation wasn't quick to come.

I do like that merge of words though - QiZen (or maybe I should spell it ChiZen). Qi can be translated as breath, air or gas (which we know M has a lot of the latter). And Zen is absorbtion or meditative state.
So I could have:
breath absorbtion
breath meditation
air absorbtion
gas absorbtion (which is deathly with M sometimes).

I like that - breath absorbtion or breath meditation. We all need to breathe. This reminds me of Drew Barrymore in Ever After at the ball scene. She runs in to see Henry and as she stops at the top of the stairs she says, "Breathe. Just breathe."

I think I forget that sometimes. Not just to breathe but the importance of taking the break - stepping back and taking it all in. Last week was a long work week, full of high intensity, stressful decision making adventures, and dealing with folks who only work weekends - catching them up on what needs to be done. On top of that we're dealing with some stressful issues at work - deaths, folks who need mental help (not just me), people retiring so job shifting will soon occur, etc.

So M saying I need to find my QiZen is right on target. I need to find time to breathe. I need to find time for honest-to-goodness breath absorbtion.

No comments: