29 November 2010

Procrastination coming back to bite me in the ass

Since 2007 I have been participating as "photographer" for one of our kid camps we hold for work. Our employees and other employees around the state can send their kids to this camp for a week to learn and have fun and blah blah blah.

Well, this year there were two camps...one for 10-13 year olds and another for the older teens. I was excited to do this again because it gives me an opportunity to play with my camera and experiment with my limited photo skills.

Normally, there is an intern who helps with the photos and with putting the newsletter/yearbook together that gets sent to the kids. Well, this year, due to budget cuts, there was no intern so it all fell on me.

This wouldn't be a big deal except my time after the camps is busier than snot with my real job. And add on it my personal life of prepping for races and moving in with MS and vacations to see awesome people...and time has quickly passed and the yearbooks are not done.

I finally got a deadline from the head of the department last week...but sadly it's for next Friday. I have a conference Wed-Fri so those days are out. Which basically left this past weekend. As of right now, I have half of one done. Uffda. I have a lot of work to do today and I'm struggling. ugh.

No comments: