03 November 2010

Meeting Wednesday

I hate Wednesdays. They used to be awesome when I worked at LS and the chapel service would have communion and the awesome sacristan's would bring me the leftover bread and wine for me to partake in the Eucharist and finish off the extras. :)

But now, Wednesday's = meetings. And it's not just one. It's 4. In a row. That go on and on. By 11:30 this morning I was cranky, hungry and crabby. But even the afternoon with no meetings is spent catching up...checking and answering the 9 voice messages, numerous emails and trying to finish the projects that need to be completed. It's frustrating.

These are the nights that I like to work late, but these are also the nights that I just want to go home. It doesn't help when the two people that just rub me the wrong way both came into my office at 4:30. I know they both mean well, but one is just high maintenance and the other is NOT clear in what she asks so when I try to explain to her she gets upset, answers back what she asked, which is incorrect, and then I have to explain it again. This goes round and round until I backtrack on what she asked, clarify what she actually has in her head that she's not saying but I'm finally figuring out, and then she can leave. Ugh.

I have 30 minutes til I can leave, but I don't know that I should. I have so much to get done and this mini-break of writing is a much needed release. Hopefully the next 30 minutes will be very productive. Crossing fingers!!!

No comments: