26 September 2006

Win-Win-Win

Saturday, September 23 marked the 4th year of my full-time employment here. Crazy. I’ve been in the Cities for over 6 years now (June 4th actually marked that day – I’m working my way to 7 now.). Ugh. Well not “ugh” really – it’s just been a long stretch of not much accomplished, it seems. Yeah, yeah, I got my masters but I don’t use it. It’s just a piece of paper taking up space on my bookshelf. And yeah, I have this great job, but I’m starting to feel like I’m not challenged enough.

That all may change tomorrow. The big bomb that fell early in August is coming to a head tomorrow. All parties are meeting to determine how this will work. A good friend gave me the best advice: Think before you talk. I’m leaning towards not talking at all unless I’m asked specifically.
So I’m working on my KSA’s today – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (my short hand for job description, which has really become a long-handed way of it since it took this much space to explain what I meant by KSA’s. Oh well) – listing everything that I do. This has been a work in progess. Trying to list everything that my job has become over the past 4 years is a large task. But I can make it I’m sure.

Anyway, my point at the beginning of this is that Saturday marks my 4th year here and October 26 marks my 10th year in the Air Guard. Wow…10 years…it seems like longer some days and like I just got in other days. Crazy. But I love it. Seriously, could a person be luckier to have 2 jobs they love?

And to celebrate me and my ability to persevere I bought me this. It appeals to all my senses: chocolate, planes and giving to a great place. A win-win-win situation.

No comments: