12 September 2006

Analyze this

So this morning I woke up with many strange thoughts. First I thought I had gotten fat or pregnant over night, but it turned out I was just clutching my spare pillow around my tummy so I just felt fat (I also remember having the vision of the beginning of Amelie when they show the woman’s body changing over the 9 months of pregnancy – very weird). But the second was much more disturbing.

Last night I dreamt that I was fired from my job. Not for anything on this blog but for a random comment I had made to someone about nothing. But it was the firing that disturbed me, it was how I found out.

I was sitting at my desk, those of you who know my desk understand the lack of privacy associated with said desk, and up comes DG, one of our crew guys. DG walked up to me with the saddest look on his face and said, “S, I’m so sorry.” I said, what happened? He said, “You were fired this morning.”

I was in shock for a moment but then figured he was kidding, but still had that nagging feeling that he may be right. He left and up comes VS and AL who said the same thing. Then JR came who said it, too. Suddenly I’m getting paranoid, so I call up DL and ask him if it’s true and why. He said, yes, and I said that didn’t make sense and can we at least make a deal? I suggested staying on until they could hire someone or at least through the end of the year, he suggested I stay on 5 more weeks and then be done. I think I agreed to that one but still was confused why I was fired. AND confused why I was fired via crew members and not by him.

It was all very confusing and I’m not sure what to make of it. Does this mean subconsciously I want to stay here or just that I don’t want to get fired? And what’s with the end of the year or the 5 week option?

------

One other thing, I know I didn't write about 9/11 yesterday and I felt like I should have. Five years my unit has been part of the war on terror, and it's not ending anytime soon. So I guess, I don't just think about 9/11 once a year, but everyday I am reminded. Maybe I'll talk about that another day more. But I thank all who did write about the day and remember all the heroes and all the fallen. God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets try this again. My last comment did not take. It must have been fate. Your dreams come from a suppressed form of anger that you are holding inside. I suggest you drink heavily before bedtime. This way you will dream but you won't remember them. If the bed starts spinning, I dare you to try to ride one of those suckers out. It's one hell of a ride. I did it and lived to tell the story.
The pregnant thing----I've got nothing.
We must get together sometime to compare dreams. I have had some weird ones myself.
Did you get fired?
anyway-clueless in sd

~moe~ said...

Clueless - no I didn't get fired (I made sure to double check with my boss to see if it was true and he had just forgotten to tell me in real life too) but our pastor did encourage me to play hookey this afternoon - which I'm opting out of in light of that dream. Thanks for your concern though. :)