20 September 2006

People make me glad

This morning, actually just an hour ago, I helped a woman find a room so she could pump. She’s a guest on campus at a meeting upstairs and had thought maybe she’d just hang out in the copy room but it didn’t seem like the door would lock. Well I hooked her up in the little chapel (don’t tell the sacristan!) because I knew that door would lock and we put a note on the other door. She was really appreciative and I thought nothing of it since I was just doing my job.

Well, just a moment ago she came up and said she had a gift for me. She brought me a small plate of fruit with a muffin and a mug! She said she was really thankful I was willing to help her out so she could find a nice quiet place to do what she needed.

I’m smiling now. :)

2 comments:

jb said...

yay! just goes to show you that even the smallest things can make someone's day ... and i KNOW that you help so many people in big and small ways all the time (regardless of whether they bring you a muffin later or not!). :)

Anonymous said...

I second the yay and I raise you an Atta Girl. You do make a difference in peoples lives. It took something small in your eyes to bring along something meaning full to another. You will remember this for a long time. I remember one time at band camp, I helped this little ol lady across the street and when we reached the other side she hit me with her purse and told me she didn't want to be on that side of the street, you idiot.
Sorry, I just had a momment there. My doctor told me they will come and go. I guess he was right.
Anyway,.:!^Thank you for helping her in her time of need even though you think you were just doing your j o b. It's little things like that, that will make you feel warm inside. Being nice does have it's payback.