18 September 2006

Three blogs in one, lucky you

Little Miss Sunshine is an awesome movie. I highly recommend it. If you haven’t seen it, go and be prepared to laugh, cry, and be inspired.

----

Stolen from menosblog

Good things my mother taught me:

  • How to love unconditionally
  • How to make krumkake and flatbread
  • How to make hospital corners
  • The importance of working your brain
  • How to keep faith

Bad things my mother taught me:

  • Perfection is key. Getting a B is not a good thing.
  • How to interrupt/multi-task while talking on the phone
  • How to be indecisive

Good things my father taught me:

  • How to love unconditionally
  • The difference between hearing and listening
  • How to eat liver without gagging (it’s all about the beets)
  • To not wait until you’re asked, but to just do
  • To give without regret or expectation, and to give all you can

Bad things my father taught me:

  • How to smoke without coughing (well not directly, but you learn well by standing by him and growing up with it)
  • The goodness of grease and the yum of sugar and bread

----

I’m feeling lazy today. Last week was such a blur with activity that today it’s chilly and gray skies and I just want to curl up in my chair with a good book or a great series. Luckily tonight begins premiere week so I can test out the best way to watch all my Monday shows. Ha!

No comments: