22 September 2006

One of those days...

Today is great weather…perfect to sit in my broken chair, curled up with a great book or all the shows I missed this week which I, of course, religiously taped. However, I am here…here at my fabulous place of employment on the verge of a mini-breakdown this morning and feeling tired and overwhelmed at the pile of work ahead of me. Over the past few weeks I have found that I haven’t been able to get caught up on everything (though I suppose taking time to write this doesn’t help, but I don’t have a luncher so bear with me). It’s just one thing after another. I even had to call TE this morning to see which reservation it was I had called him about last week to make sure it wasn’t the one I had canceled. Ugh.

I’m a mess. I need a mental health day and I probably should have taken one today. Of course, then I feel guilty for thinking I should have taken this day off when I’ve taken so much time off in the past few weeks for guards and such. I wish I felt more comfortable with calling in ‘sick’ or taking a day off spontaneously, like some, instead of planning them out, but I always feel guilty calling a student last minute to work when I’m physically able but I just don’t want to.

Persevere, I guess and just keep on trucking. (T-R-U-C-K, keep on truckin’ all the way! T *clap clap* TRU *clap clap clap*, repeat) And maybe some aspirin.

1 comment:

jb said...

hang in there, lady! just a few more hours 'til the weekend and a couple of days until F-U-N with ME! :)