10 November 2005

mellow

I’m feeling disgruntled with my work suddenly.* It’s hitting me how ‘important’ issues really aren’t, we just make them out to be important and then while we’re doing that the truly important issues are getting left in the dust. Energy is being wasted on little nit-picky things and it’s disheartening. How does one change this? How does someone turn their focus around and concentrate on the truly important things while not degrading the other issues, because maybe on some level they are important? What becomes the determining factor of prioritizing? For one person on a committee, it may be one thing, while for someone else it may be completely different. What is the secret for meshing these concerns together without becoming overwhelmed by the petty?

Then again, maybe it’s my attitude causing me to be disgruntled…though I love my job and I really do mean that. working with the people here is great. I love being at the desk and interacting with others, but yet I feel like I could be doing more…but what that more is, seems to be the question of the year.

Maybe I'm just melancholy today. that could be it. Or...
Maybe it’s just that time of year.

*even though today Marilyn thanked me for my ministry of hospitality here at the desk – I apparently turn “Where’s my meeting :(” into “Good morning :)”. I guess that’s a good thing, but is that all I’m good for in this world? no, don't answer that.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Ah, wise grasshopper, you are right. I think yesterday was one of those weird blips in teh balance...I've been really happy usually but suddenly I had to deal with 3 very negative people in a meeting and my how outlook dropped dramatically. Maybe this is why the recommendation is to surround yourself with happy people - it's better for your health.

There will always be times in a person's life where difficulties come to be - the question is how do you deal with them - what do you do to work throug the situation and find the good in it. Maybe the good is hard to find, but there's gotta be something there, right?

Thanks, E. I miss you guys.