26 July 2005

watermelon anyone?

I'm enjoying life with watermelon and bananas for the last time (most likely) this week. Monday I'll be starting South Beach. I'm only writing this here because, if I don't, I don't know if I'll keep it up. I need to be accountable somewhere so I'm going to do it here. If you don't want to read about the foods and things I'm going to be undertaking, then don't read the blog. It won't be primarily SB but I need to/want to track what I'm doing and I think this will be a good way. i was trying the myfooddiary.com but it got depressing when I'd get frownies everyday for stupid reasons. I like keeping track of my food so I'll probably keep it going but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out my life and how many frownies I get doing SB instead.

K turned me on to Stephanie Klein's blog. She's becoming a bigger name out east with her writings. (she remindes me of Heather Armstrong at dooce - she says whatever she wants - very open and direct - I wish I could be like her) Stephanie had one blog the other day which really made me stop and think. It made me realize that I'm not the only person who had the threat of fat camp as a kid, or struggles with weight and food on a daily basis. It's reassuring that I'm not alone even as I struggle with my own demons.

No comments: