10 July 2005

Sanding away the grime

Yesterday morning I started my latest project. My neighbors A&A upstairs have a picnic table - one of the old fashioned ones actually made out of wood and painted red! It's a smaller version of ones you think of with separate benches for us to sit. Well the paint has been peeling for awhile now and I've been itching to do something about it. So I chatted with them about it and they are sweet enough to let me play out my butch side. :) So Saturday I got up and started scraping away at the paint. When I got annoyed, which didn't take long, I whipped out Dad's power sander and started sanding away the paint. Suh-weeet! I felt like Tim Allen or something. It was great and I got almost all of the top of the table done...with a few spots missed. Overall it's starting to look great. Now I have a project for the next week or so - provided I come home each night and work on it some. I have to finish the top and flip over the table to work on the bottom. Of course I started at such a great time since the weather is supposed to be hotter than blazes this week. Oh well. :)

Last night I was supposed to go to a movie with T. Yeah, that didn't happen. I don't understand why I can't get to the second date with these guys...ugh. Oh well...maybe it was for the best, I was/am a little unsure about it anyway since he has a daughter and is shorter than me (how shallow am I!). He called around 7 last night but I was on the phone with Tre...she was doing better and I get to see her next weekend! YAY! And meet her man J. It's about time I meet J since my approval is pertinent to the continuation of their relationship. ;) just kidding. I'm sure I'll love him since Tre does.

Today I'm working because there's a baptism here at school. Pretty cool. The Baptism of Soledad is similar to my sanding project... As I sanded away the paint and grime the new wood shone through cleaner and brighter than ever...as Soledad is baptized, the water will wash away the grime of sin and leave her cleaner and brighter than ever... what a blessing! Blessings on Amy, Steve, Sigourney and Soledad. :)

1 comment:

Leland said...

thank you for your comments about baptism!!!

i feel as if i need a project like your table to take my frustrations out on (i mean through).