28 July 2005

a short one for the road

i made a promise to myself that i wouldn't blog this morning as i have work i need to get done but i'm not quite motivated yet. maybe in 9 minutes i can really start.

broke down and had some cheese and a few nut thins last night. mmm mmm good. might as well go back to the normal eats for a bit or at least close to it. just finished my morning egg whites with peppers. yummy! i had to get some clarity from my South Beach SME* last night. she filled me in of all i needed to know - or at least what i need to know to start - like that i can still have crystal lite when i'm in phase 1 (thank goodness!). it will be a bit difficult next week when we choir folk are going out...but dc will be my saving grace. at least i can pretend i have rum in it even though i'm not supposed to...but my friends won't need to know! :) i'm so vindicitive.

hung out with a1&a2 last night - we intended to go to a movie but by the time things settled down so we could go it would have been really late to go and a1 was really tired and lying on my floor watching friends. a2 ran to the store to get laundry detergent then came back and we watched the gag reels before calling it a night. boring but fun.

tonight is my first wedding rehearsal in about a year. c had taken me off them because of c&s so i haven't been in the wedding game. it should be interesting. it's a pretty easy, basic wedding with simple music and only one witness on each side. i think it'll be really nice. it's a good one to ease me in on since next week is an outside one.

it makes me excited for a1&a2's wedding when that happens next year. i don't know if i should be part of their 'brain trust' as they call it but i would love to be able to help out. it'd be interesting to plan an event from top to bottom on my own without c there to walk me through it. i think it's something i need to do so i can see if this event planning thing is what i want to do our not. i think i enjoy this job - well i do, but do i have the skills or knowledge to take it to the next level. that's the question.

okay my time is up, in fact i went over by a minute. more later perhaps.

*subject matter expert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sara sara sara ... i have NO DOUBT in your ability to do events full-time/all-the-time. seriously, if that's what you're thinking about, i say jump in ... you're good at it, and if it interests you and if you find it exciting, then what's stopping you? your cheering section is behind you 110%!

jb