20 July 2005

dorks of the world, unite!

I have to chuckle. I just made a 'funny' which really wasn't that funny but the woman I made it to was very kind. She had walked by and I had said, "hello, how are you?" she replied, "I am well. How are you?" And I said, "I am well...as well." hahaha. Then I said, "I'm such a dork." She said, "Well, congratulations and I empathize with you." This led to a discussion on whether or not you can congratulate someone and yet still have pity for them. We came to the conclusion that you can do both - in fact, I relish in it. :)

Last night was great...Debbie and I met up at Major's for our favorite Spinich Cheese Dip and Pepporoni/Green Olive pizza. SO bad for us but OH SO GOOD! It was a great time - she and I haven't seen in each other since Marky Mark's party so it was good to catch up.

I came to a realization today after reading both J's and L's blogs that time has completely gotten away from me and J will be leaving us soon. It makes me sad. L put together an incredible book for J of quotes and scripture and he invited me to join in. In my state of dorkiness I tried to come up with what I wanted to say, but what to do you say to a man who has been such a great friend and a South Dakota boy to boot? I finally shot something out but it didn't fill the emotions and what I wanted to say the way I wanted. I can only hope that J knows and understands just how much I will miss him and have treasured his friendship over the years.

Blessings to you, Justin dear. You are loved and will be missed.

No comments: