12 July 2005

I feel about this big | |

I hate dating. This is why I was going to not even think about it this summer...too much pressure, having expectations, getting them shot down and feeling like snot. Saturday I was supposed to go to a movie with T. Well T has a 7 year old daughter and Friday was her birthday, but the party was on Saturday. T thought that he and I could still meet up since her party was supposed to be finished by 4. I didn't hear from him from Wednesday night until 7pm Saturday night when he called to say that he was still at the birthday party and his ex had gone for ice and blah blah blah. I was annoyed, mostly because he didn't call until we should have already been out, but also with myself for even considering dating at this time. It's that old tried and true feeling that when someone shows you a hint of interest, suddenly you must be desirable again, even though you're probably not. Anyway, I didn't get him called back on Sunday because I just wasn't sure what to say. Finally yesterday I wrote and said, "Hey T, I got your message from Saturday. This week doesn't work for me. Maybe another time?" (He had asked about a movie next weekend, but Tre is in town and I'm watching DL's kids Friday and working Sunday - but I didn't feel like I should have to explain all this to him). So he writes today and says: "thats ok, sorry about last weekend, again, thankyou anyways, ive been very busy ( with the real world, work, gabby, and other matters ) i completely understand, good luck to you." So now I feel like a total heel because he took it as I was blowing him off...which in some ways maybe I was but ugh. I feel like snot and I don't like that feeling.

Anyway...I started myfooddiary.com yesterday. It's interesting to actually put down on paper (so to speak) what you eat throughout the day and accounting for the nutritional value. Yesterday I was sort of doing well, but then I ended up with too few calories. Weird but I suppose that's probably accurate. So I'm watching it a bit more today and we'll see how it goes.

I'm very excited about this committee I'm on. It seems like things are finally coming together and we have so many good plans for the fall. I hope we can make this committee better and worthy of the respect it deserves. It'd be nice to make it a committee that people actually WANT to be on rather than the one everyone avoids because they hate it. What a goal! :)

OOOOOO And tonight! Is my first night of season tickets to the Guthrie! YAY!

1 comment:

Leland said...

the guthrie....what an awesome deal for you. i hope the season works out wonderfully.

i too have found dating to be a pain in the derrier, and wonder if i will ever again be able to go from single to hitched, or at least attached.