29 February 2012

Leapin' Lizards!

It's Leap Day of the Leap Year. The one fun day when it's actually February 29th and not just a glimmer in the distance.

Today was normal for me, though. Meeting day, since it was Wednesday; lots of work on papers and award pacakges; an employee meeting in the afternoon; and then a couple extra hours of comp time to finish it off.

I love my job. Have I said that lately? I have a great boss, a great office, and a great job. I'm a happy camper.

But there's this other job open. Applications are due by Tuesday. I don't really want the job, but it's expected by several that I should apply. I'm not quite sure how to deal with this, and I haven't had a chance to talk with my boss about it yet. So I'm in limbo, with little time to decide.

It's not that the job is bad, it's very similar to mine but on a slightly higher scale. I just don't know that I really want it. I still have things I want to do in my current job (which I probably need to get on soon). KC is planning to apply, but I'm not sure she'll get it. AP is also applying. He has a good shot. There are others applying, too. I know the competition would be tough but that doesn't worry me. I suppose I could apply, for the experience, but then if I got it I'm not sure I want it and I've always felt if you don't really want the job you shouldn't apply.

I don't know. I need to talk to the boss. That's step one. Well, that's step two - I need to finish the pressing project due tomorrow first. Then he and I can both breathe a sigh of relief and then talk.

No comments: