12 February 2012

Meme and an excuse

I haven't posted in a while. It hasn't been because I don't have anything to say, but I just haven't written. I'm hoping that with this meme I'm going to do from Bethany that it might trigger my brain into wanting to write more again. Crossing fingers!

On to the meme.

A. Age: 36 for a wee bit more, though I celebrate turning a year old each new year's eve, so in my head I'm 37.

B. Bed size: We sleep on a queen which is nice, but I miss my Original Mattress Factory full-size bed which was glorious.

C. Chore that you hate: Cleaning, in general, but especially toilets, showers and smelly, moldy dishes.

D. Dogs: I like them, but we don't have one. I'm not a fan of slobber and wet dog smell, so I'm more inclined to visit people who have them for a short while than own one myself.

E. Essential start to your day: My workout. Sundays I don't work out (rest day) which is probably why I feel like a tub of goo on those days.

F. Favorite color: Blue, green - but not blue-green. Aqua is icky.

G. Gold or Silver: Silver.

H. Height: 5’5″

I. Instruments you play: Piano, clarinet, though I can technically play them all since I took all the methods classes. I also sing (mezzo-soprano).

J. Job title: Administrative Assistant to the WC. I run the place.

K. Kids: Does M count? hahaha...no kids yet.

L. Live: Hicksville, SD

M. Mother’s name: Mom

N. Nicknames: Moe, The Little General

O. Overnight hospital stays: I haven't had the pleasure (knock on wood) though I expect it when I have kids.

P. Pet peeves: Too many to name. :) hahaha... A big one that comes to mind happens a lot at work. Despite the fact I have several options for in-boxes for people to use, many just lay papers on my desk without notes on why or what the purpose is, but then expect me to follow through with whatever it is they needed and return it to them in a proper time. Example: Someone laid a letter on my desk for my boss to sign, but didn't have any information on who they were to return it to them, nor a reason on why the letter needed to be signed or by when. These I get the boss to sign and then set it aside. They call me a week later wondering why they didn't get their letter back...I do my best not to get annoyed. :)

Q. Quote from a movie: "...but what you're doing is complete lunacy...General, Sir."

R. Right- or left-handed: Right. But I have always wished I were left-handed.

S. Siblings: Three: one sister, 12 years older; brother (OOB), 10 years older; brother (YOB), 5 years older; one BIL and one SIL

T. Taste you do not like: Mushrooms - too slimy or something.

U. Underwear: Usually

V. Vegetable(s) you hate: See T (is that a mushroom), cauliflower, raw onions

W. What makes you run late: I pretty much always underestimate how long it will take me to do everything. I know this and try to compensate by adding 10-30 minutes to my estimates, but it doesn’t always work. (I stole this from Bethany, but it's pretty much my issue, too.)

X. X-Rays you’ve had: My teeth during regular checkups, and once my foot because my tendons were squeaking over my bones (literally) and they wanted to see what was going on.

Y. Yummy food that you make: Chocolate chip cookies (or any cookie, really); Apple Pie; an Italian Chicken things; banana bread; lots of others...

Z. Zoo animal: I love the penguins, lions, bison, and hippopotamus's. :)

1 comment:

Jill Will Run said...

I am tagging you for a meme tomorrow... just to get you back to posting! Just teasing!

I'm a silver person too!