27 September 2009

A few days

It's been a few days but a lot has happened. Thursday I started to freak out a bit at work because my office is such a mess and since it is Discardia season again I started cleaning up my office in a big way. MS was nice enough to ask me if I need help organizing, and while I do, if I don't get it to work the way I need it to work, i.e. using someone else's method, it won't work for long no matter how good it is.

So Friday, I cleaned off a whiteboard I had my training that I have to complete written on and started with my list of crap I need to get done. Before I left for the day I dated the stuff of when it's due so when I go into work Tuesady (maybe even tomorrow) I'll be better prepared for what I need to do. Hopefully this will work.

Friday afternoon I went for a 4 miler. I couldn't believe it. I have never had a day like that. I started out the first mile and my shins were really hurting. I kept trying to figure out what I was doing differently from other runs. It was afternoon and so I had eaten a lot more that day than normal, but otherwise nothing was really different. At the mile marker I clicked my watch and saw why my shins were screaming - 9:52. Wow. So I took 4 minutes to stretch and walk out the pain a bit, then walked back to the mile marker and took off again.

The next mile was funny - I kept thinking I'd turn at the halfway point and just do three miles, but as I was running my quads just kept pushing me forward - pushing and urging me to run faster. It didn't hurt, I wasn't out of breath, my legs just wanted to go. When I hit the halfway point I saw I was at 4:33 so I just kept going forward and decided to do 3 more miles (for 4). The mile was 9:39, the next 9:14 (holy crap!) and my last was 9:23. My pace was 9:32 for the day. Shocked, I was. It was insane.

MS and I had a rummage this weekend. Saturday went much better than today. It took hours to unpack and to pack up again (though the latter was good because we organized it a bit better and we have a ton for Goodwill). I'm glad it's over though - at least for the most part. Like I said, we have a lot of boxes for Goodwill and recycling and scrap metal. I can't wait to have it all out of the garage.

Anyway, now it's Sunday and I have 6 days until the marathon. MS has to be back Sunday night as he has to work Monday, so my normal weekend plan is shortened. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

For now, I need to go to bed. Tired girl, I am. :)

1 comment:

KJ said...

Awesome on the run, girl!!!