27 May 2007

Don't you wish life was like the movies?

Sometimes I do. Not the Freddy Krueger or Jason or Jurassic Park movies, of course, but the great ones with the happy, wonderful moments. Of course I'm a sap and often feeling like I'm missing out on life. But then am I really?

Anyway...that's a whole other topic. Today I was flipping channels and I came across Forrest Gump (My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump.). Tom Hanks is an incredible actor. I love this movie and I came into it at my favorite part. Forrest is standing at the Vets for Peace rally in 'our nations capitol' and says his name. Jenny and he find each other in the middle of the memorial pool, which for the life of me right now I can't think of the real name of it. Anyway, every time the run out to meet each other I start bawling. I love that moment.

Sometimes I wish I could have a moment like that, where I meet up with my long lost love and we embrace and have a wonderful moment. Maybe I've had mini ones like that, where I've come back from trips and what not and met up with people. But it's never quite felt like it seems like it feels with Jenny and Forrest. But maybe it's just the cinematic feeling. I don't know. Maybe I'm wishing for more than I should. Maybe I'm feeling too much like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail where she talks about how so often something she sees reminds her of something she read in a book when, “shouldn't it be the other way around?”

Maybe I'm just wishing life was as easy as it seems in movies. Like Forrest going for a run just cause he felt like running (and not seeming to have a hard time doing it either). Or like the Kathrine Switzer book I'm reading where (though I know it was hard) the marathons she runs seem to come so simply. I don't know.

Maybe I'm just scared of everything in my life – where I'm going, what I'm doing, where I'll be in life. Or maybe I'm just being stupid, as usual.

No comments: