05 February 2007

I found it!

I found the library, everyone. And yes, I'm here and typing away. Of course they limit your time and do so with this nice little timeclock in the upper left corner of the screen, ticking away little seconds of time making me nervous that I have very little opportunity to get everything typed in that I want to say.

So here I go. Thank God I type fast.

I love my job. It's fabulous. Working four days a week, with time to work out during the day, working with two of the best bosses in the world - these things are just small portions of why this job is the best.

This past weekend we had a ceremony honoring all our colleagues who returned from overseas (5 are still there having volunteered to stay and help out - amazing). The ceremony was typical for a military gig - formation, stand at attention during awards, hear our higher ups speak, etc. But this one was pretty powerful for me. For once I truly felt a part of it. Not that I was part of the 300 or so that were overseas, but now I'm truly a main part of the greater portion. Every day our job is to help strengthen and defend out nation. I'm a part of that. What other job in the world can give you that pride and respect.

Throughout the ceremony, I found myself choking up, knowing that this was such a small tribute for these men and women who did such awesome things. Our unit is truly the greatest in the nation, if not the world, and I was honored and very humbled to stand next to them then and on a daily basis.

That said, I do still miss all my friends in the Cities and I miss the Cities in general. I am visiting this weekend, (hint hint: email me people if you want to see me! I'm there for a limited time but I'll try to make something work) and I can't wait to go back.

I promise to get my butt over here more and write more often until I can find and afford a computer. :)

No comments: