26 February 2007

Time keeps on ticking...

So I have 20 minutes on the ever ticking library computer clock so I'm going to make this quick. Well, whatever.

My vacation with K&E was the best...I tried sushi for the first time ever and survived, I fell in love with edamame (and have found it at the stores here - woohoo!), was enlightened on the world of Empire Records and The Producers, and got a great fix of Hyde which leads me to think that maybe I am more of a cat person than I ever thought.

But the bestest part was spending oodles of time with K&E. They are two of the mostest wonderfulest friends ever! (can I add a few more est's to that?) My life is truly filled with them. Somehow we're all on the same page which is amazing looking at our different backgrounds growing up...but we all came together and a great friends. I miss you guys already!

The other great thing last week, that despite my non-interest in working (4.5 days off then to a 3 day work week is almost worse than working 10 days in a row - but that's another story), I am excited to announce I received my two correspondence courses for work and now I can start studying to get my 7-level and my academy finished so I can be promoted. YAY! It's complicated so I won't go into it too much but it's a good thing. i get to be a student again, though I have to be a self-motivated student which will be a challenge.

The sad news is...my VCR is causing me issues again. This time the connectors in the back which I plug my DVD player into are shorting out, I think. I'm 90% sure it's not the DVD player since the new one I purchased is doing the same thing the old was is, it's gotta be because of the VCR. SO my dilemma is whether to scrap the whole system (TV included) and buy new or figure out someway to make it work. We'll see. The VCR itself still works, it's just the connectors. Maybe I can just replace those? Does anyone know?

Anyway...I have 14 minutes left and I need to do some research. I hope to be back soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for good friends!

And also, congrats on being that much closer to promotion! I love being a student...minus that homework and studying stuff, lol.

kendi said...

we love you too! and we're so glad there's edamame to be had in sd.