10 February 2007

Motivation

Thursday was a great day. I’m feeling motivated, the sun is shining and I’m made plans for the weekend. YAY!

JB sent me a quote today. We were talking about the TC Marathon and our training and our motivators. She mentioned that during one race she ran there was a girl standing on the side holding a sign stating, “you are your own motivation.” Damn, if that doesn’t choke me up every time I read that. It totally caught me off guard this morning when JB sent it. It’s true. No one can motivate you but yourself. If you’re determined to do something and are motivated, you’ll succeed.

This made me think of another friend who is struggling with some weight issues (who isn’t!). She had an encounter with a co-worker where as she was discussing what had worked for her in the past, the co-worker would shoot down her plan with, “no you need to do it this way.” What works for one won’t work for another necessarily. That is a common truth with everything in life – in weight loss, in eating, in sex, in relationships, in life.

“you are your own motivation” It’s so true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great quote! When are you doing the marathon? I admire you for that...it's one of my goals to someday run one!

Sarah said...

That is so true. I'm trying to work on my motivation again. I need to go to the gym for my sanity.. it's just getting there! :) Wish you were here... a lot.

Megan said...

Wow. I remember that. The girl holding the sign was so awesome, too - cheering and jumping and being fabulous. It kept us moving, I tell ya. And it's exactly the memory I needed to keep going today.

Hello from grey, chilly Roma! (Thanks for all the long-distance love...)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara, Nice to hear from you. Playing Luther again this year.. hopefully.

Too bad you've left.. I didn't know?

Jman