17 February 2007

Remiss

I seem to have been remiss in explaining a few things. Hey Jman - yep I moved. I'm trying to remember you email address...if I can I'll drop you a line - the former position hasn't set up my alumni account for email yet so that one doesn't work.

and the big one: YES I'm planning to run the TC marathon with JB. How freakin' crazy am I? And to help matters I think I talked E&K into it too. :)

Mostly, I need a goal. For me to run on a continuous basis, whether for the mile and half we have to for work or just for fun, I need a damn goal. I'm not much of a goal person - usually I don't set them because when/if I fail then I just get super depressed so I usually just rather go through life one day at a time and see what happens. BUT for running, it's totally different. I need a goal.

So here's my plan for the year: (yep, YEAR)
March - Run the St. Patty's 5K
April - Run another 5K
May - Run a 10K
June, July, August - prepare, plan, train and enjoy running outside
September - Run a Half
October - The TC Marathon baby!

This seems a little daunting now that I've signed up for the first one and have put the rest in writing...and I've put them in writing for all the world to know...sheeeeeeit. But maybe all you folks can help keep me accountable.

I'm really nervous for the first one but I think I can do it. 3 miles is nothing, but 26...well that's another story.

Best news - I'm at E&K's this weekend. Ah...nature has restored order with me back with my friends. There's nothing like sitting down over salad, chicken, fish and beer to feel at home. :)

3 comments:

jb said...

you can do it, lady! i know you can, and i'm excited to do it with you! i think i may have also talked louise into it, too ... it'll be a regular crowd of us ...

give me a call when you're back in SD and we'll catch up on life. miss you!

Anonymous said...

It's good to set goals in writing. I always say I'm going to do something...like run a marathon...but it never happens. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

jason@thewgroup.biz