27 February 2007

Connections

Sometimes it pays to have connections.

Today as I'm still lamenting the lack of DVD from VCR workage, I have a lead. I did check out the new versions of electronics last night at Target and heavens to murgatroids...I'll have to buy a whole new system of everything if I want anything to work correctly. I love my little TV but apparently it's too old to work with anything from this century. Maybe it's time I give in and come into the 21st century.

BUT until I give into that, my connection is going to take my VCR to his contact to see if the electronic geek (and I mean that in the best way) can fix it. Apparently the latter likes to work on things like this and can maybe make it work again. So I'm crossing my fingers and saving my quarters for the fix-it payment (Crown Royal or a case of beer...fixer's choice).

I baked yesterday though...and it felt great. I made my infamous chocolate chip cookies which turned out perfect - soft and chewy but not overly so. AND I made my other infamous cookie - the peanut butter with Hershey's kisses. One of my bosses 'shamed' me for those. He saw them on my desk this morning and said, "Shame on you." He said it again after I explained that I use the low-carb peanut butter and dark chocolate kisses so they are actually GOOD for you, but this time he smiled then laughed as he walked back into his office. Oh well. And I tried one other new recipe...Banana Oatmeal Raisin. These turned out really well. Very soft and chewy but yummy! The last oatmeal raisin I made turned out well but didn't have a lot of flavor...wow does the banana add to it. Good stuff.

Otherwise, nothing is new in my life since yesterday. I could talk about Lent and my Lenten discipline of going through a box of stuff a night, but I've already screwed that up, but I am keeping it in mind. I'm trying to de-clutter my life. I'm reading Clutter's Last Stand right now and it's really good. As I look around my house I see I don't seem to have a lot of stuff, but I do. A lot of papers and books and things I just don't need. Sooo I'm trying to de-clutter and become better organized. My hope is that I'll be buying a house soon and I really don't want to move all those books and crap again if I don't have to. And I really don't have to.

How's that for goals... Crazy: 5K and marathon, de-cluttering, studying for promotion, baking...man. And you'd think I'd be busy. :) This is turning into ramblings so I'm going to cut out for now. later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so ambitious! You have some great goals. I have also been trying to de-clutter and it feels great!

Beege said...

Oh, come on into the 21st century! I just got here yesterday--M bought me an iPod for my birthday. It WAS scary at first, but I'm sort of getting used to it. ;)

Sarah said...

Oh how I miss you!

I will be around 18th-morning of the 21st this month. I would love it if we could see each other.