Wow, how quickly things change. This morning I returned to work having been gone since last Wednesday at noon and apparently our school has switched vocations (can a school switch vocations? Is that possible?). Anyway, a gentleman called and asked if we were the polka place. I said, I didn’t think so but you never know. Maybe we should add that in to the curriculum.
Soooo….what a fabulous weekend I had! It was a much needed break from here and I had so much fun. It's one I'll remember for a very long time.
Highlights: (I’m going to try jb’s and mt’s way of doing things)
- Walking for over an hour with mom in the morning air
- Riding in the Falcon truck – sweet!
- Watching and feeling F-16s take off from Last Chance
- Going to the zoo
- Playing mini golf
- Spending time with Emmy
- Hearing Emmy say, “But I’m not bored yet!”
- Chatting with my sister over supper
- Spending time with an incredible friend :)
- Sitting in the park, in the rain, under a blanket
- Watching a couple get married in the park – a nice simple ceremony
- Lunch at the Diner
- Lunch at HuHot
- Looking at old pictures of guard members
- Driving home in the rain
- Falling asleep listening to a friend tell me stories (this wasn’t in a bad way)
There were other great highlights from the weekend, but none I want to put here. Sorry folks. Some parts of my life need to be kept to myself. :)