09 June 2006

Interesting week

It has been a very interesting week – full of emails and conversations that have changed and helped develop many different relationships in new ways. I was able to reconnect with an old friend and talk about how we came to be where we are today. I also had supper with a new friend and had her say some things that actually shocked me, but in a good way, if that’s possible. Then I also spent time with a current and continuing friend of pizza and rum/coke at Major’s followed by 2-hours of shopping. And through it all, email and phone conversations with my newest friend that helped us to understand our relationship and grow closer than I thought possible. It has been amazing.

The week has also brought some struggles with some work situations: Planning events with higher maintenance guests, sorting through the standard work crap, and trying to stay sane. Thank goodness for massages.

This weekend I hope to relax a bit between work shifts, clean out some clutter in the house and read. I need to read! It’s been ages. I did find a new book edited by David Sedaris that’s turning out to be a really good read. It’s a collection of short stories, which with the way my life has been going lately are just perfect to read at lunch or on the elliptical machine or for that 30 minute break at night before bed. Try it out! Enjoy!

No comments: