15 August 2010

Typical

I'm in Alabama and, surprise-surprise, it's hot. And muggy. I just left this weather! Things back home were beautiful today and I'm still hot...and sticky! Ugh.

But I can't complain too much (well, I can, but I'm going to try hard to squelch that desire) because I have some awesome lodging. My work isn't known to splurge for the peons, like me, but this time they stepped it up. I can only assume it's because I'm going to a training with people who are normally treated like this.

Seriously though, I have a two room suite - a bedroom with a big bed and tv, a closet complete with 2 robes, a bathroom with a toothbrush and toothpaste along with the other normal amenities provided, and a sitting room with a loveseat, chair and another tv. Plus a mini bar! Nice. Moe's classin' it up today.

Too bad the room is far from everything I need - like a place to buy food. I have no rental car so I'm subject to my feet or taxi's. And I'm tired and broke. Tomorrow I'm going to have to make friends with someone...this girl does not do well without food and my trail mix is almost gone.

I'm excited for the course though. It will really help me, my bosses, and my career. It's a nice next step up, so hopefully I don't screw it up.

Oh, and I planned really well, as usual. It's supposed to rain all week. When I had looked last week to see, rain was not in the forecast. Now it's there all week. And did I bring an umbrella or rain coat? nope. Good thing I'm not made of sugar. :)

No comments: