09 August 2010

A great day

My sister and niece came to join me today and we hit Downtown to check out the Sculpture Walk. Our town has numerous sculptures come in for the summer. It's awesome and always fun to walk around. We had been talking about doing this for a long time, but it finally worked out.

So we hit the sculptures at 9 and walked for 3 hours, going up and down the streets and in and out of shops. It was great!

After lunch we went to a local museum and had a blast. We also ran into our mom and other niece and nephew (Mom's watching YOBs kids this week) there. There were some cool exhibits - one on corn, one on hot air balloons, another on diners and drive-ins, and a brilliant one on underwear*. :)

The rest of my day was supposed to be running errands but I decided nothing I had on my list was vital today (a couple would have helped but not vital) so I have just vegged. I needed this after a long weekend of work. I do need to type up a list of all the things I do. That's a long story, but Boss2 wants to add another tasker and swap one out (not really possible but he and MS think it is). So I might do that tonight. But I'm kind of thinking about going to bed early.

I did attempt a "real" bun tonight. My friend SBK showed me a trick with a sock, but I'm not sure I have it right yet. I need to work on that.

I'm just rambling now...maybe it is time for bed.

*I'm debating on putting the text traffic down on this one. My nephew and I had some fun with this. Hmmm...I'll think about it.

No comments: