18 February 2010

Lenten Journey

Despite my lack of Ash Wednesday-ness yesterday, I have begun my Lenten journey.

A lot of people "give up" things for Lent, the sacrifice, the struggle. But I thought I'd take a different approach. So I have decided to think about my body as a temple, a gift from God, versus a burden. And to do that, I need to take care of it. I did start SB again last Monday, but Wednesday MS and I started P90X to get in shape. It's not just to lose weight, but I want to take care of my body so I can be a servant for the Lord.

I also decided that I'm going to do my best to be nice to people. I'm struggling with this already, but with one particular co-worker whom I have struggled to get along with over the years, I have made a point to engage in conversation with her each morning while we're getting ready for work. It's helping, I think. If nothing else, it reminds me that we're all humans and I'm not perfect so I shouldn't act like I am.

Like I said, though, I'm struggling. I know I have things I like to have done a specific way and when things don't get done that way I get frustrated. I have my faults, and I need to work on those too. Hopefully I will be able to shed some light on my issues as well over the next 40 days or so.

No comments: