14 February 2010

Another bust to the Cities

So today I was supposed to be in the Cities to see Guthrie's Macbeth production. I really wanted to go and I was determined, despite MS's protests and concerns regarding the weather.

Well, as usual, MS was right. The weather sucked for the first hour and by the time I got to the first big city I was so tense and uncomfortable I was ready to cry. So I turned around and headed back, still white-knuckled and stressed.

So I'm home. I've rescheduled my play and trip and now I have to figure out what to do tonight. I really needed a break away, but I guess that'll have to wait. I've been so stressed lately. Work the last two weeks has just been overwhelmingly busy and I could have used some time away. I guess I'll have to come up with some way to unwind and recharge here.

I'm also supposed to get back on Phase I SB tomorrow, so I'm toying with getting a white trash pizza for some comfort food tonight. But I have chicken that really needs to be cooked so I'll probably skip that too. Maybe. Comfort pizza sounds really good right now.

So I'm going to get off the web now and see if I can't cheer up a bit. It's probably time to do that.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Bummer!!! I would have ordered the pizza and cooked the chicken to eat tomorrow!

~moe~ said...

Actually, I did. After I posted that I decided to have a "good" meal one last time so I walked across the street to the expensive grocery store and bought the pizza and a little thing of ice cream (which I forgot about and found this morning).

Funny enough? The pizza wasn't as good as I thought it would be. But the eggs I had for breakfast this morning? Divine! :)