02 December 2009

It's snowing, take 2.


I have been having a hard time articulating what I want to say lately. I start out with one thing on my brain but it comes out completely different when I start typing. It's like my fingers don't want to comply.

So anyway, one of my thoughts about snow was that I really don't like it. It does seem too soon and I know that it's December and we could have had a lot more snow by now, but still. I want to run outside (funny that I want to do this now when November was beautiful and I hardly went out). And I don't mind running dressed up like the Bumble, but I'm just not quite ready for it.

But it is also nights like this, with the new snow on the slick streets that will get slicker as the night gets colder, that I'm so thankful for my awesome boyfriend. MS is an EMT/Firefighter and he's already been on calls for 3 cars in the ditch and one roll over. It's just 8pm and he has 12 more hours of work to go with this crap. But he's very good at what he does and I know that when he gets called out again he will be there to take care of whoever has had difficulties tonight. I'm very thankful for him, his crew, and the rest of the crews working as EMTs/Firefighters. And all those wonderful ER folks, and police officers, and everyone else who is out taking care of the rest of us.

For me, I'm going to do some laundry, maybe, nah...I'm going to take a bath and go to bed early. I haven't taken care of me in awhile. Friday I can do laundry and do the other stuff then.

To all of my readers (all 5 of you), please be safe tonight and always. Blessings to you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just had to mention... I'm watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on TV now as I am reading you post!

I don't get the snow here in Las Vegas, but this is the time of year where it feels like there is no daylight. The sun comes up around 6:30 (I start working at 7:00) and it sets at 4:00 (when I get off work). It's kind of depressing.

Take care of yourself... that's a good plan. Enjoy your early evening!

Baritonality said...

Moe, from the (now snowy) Island of Misfit Toys, I hope that you too are safe and sound. Every time I see flashing lights, I say a little prayer. No, not that the officer isn't pulling me over, but for the safety of all people involved.

Blessings to you!