10 August 2007

Spoke too soon again

So I blogged on Monday how I was over my illness, then Wednesday afternoon my stomach did a loop-de-whirl and Thursday I felt like death hung over.

Wednesday I started to feel nasty, like I said. Spent some time sleeping on my couch, didn't eat anything and went to bed early. The next morning it wasn't awful but it wasn't great. It took me a couple hours to get to work on Thursday, (only because I felt so guilty for thinking about not going to work – I was functional but not feeling great so I figured I should show up) but then I felt like crap all day. I went to lunch only to have half a tiny sandwich and a couple fries. That was my first real meal since Tuesday night, if you could call it a meal. Finally I was convinced to go back home, so I did.

Thank goodness I did. I slept through most of the evening and upon awaking this morning I felt much better. I even felt well enough to go out to lunch with some buddies from work. We went to the local Harley store and watched the bikers ride in and out.

I am feeling better tonight, yet still not phenomenal. This freakin' marathon is coming up way too quickly. I'm really starting to worry about this, but trying not to. Maybe if I can stop getting sick I'll be okay.

No comments: