22 August 2007

Don't forget the 3-hole punch

My blogs have been pretty sad lately. Not sad as in "boo hoo" but sad as in "that was pathetic and so not worth my time to read."

August has been kind of blah so far. Not much excitement has occurred. Maybe that's my fault, maybe I need to make my own excitement, right?

I have been running. (Ha! Like that's anything new.) I was sick for a week which sucked and really screwed up my training. And the weather hasn't been helpful either. I thought yesterday would have been perfect for running. It had rained in the morning so things should have been nice and cool. Instead they were muggy and thick, the kind of air that you breathe in and you choke on it. Imagine if we had a lot of smog here too. Nasty.

It's 45 days to race day (I really need to stop checking that website). Forty-five. Which means 40 since the last week you shouldn't run too much or too hard, but instead rest up for the big day. I calculated paces today to see where I am on average now and what I need to be during the race. So far, I'm okay, but that doesn't mean much when there are many more miles to complete than what I have done. I did run 6 last night and the first three I felt great. It really was awesome. Even after 6 miles I felt good, shocking.

Work has been blah too. Not that I don't have things to do to keep me busy, I do. But when the boss is away the energy level drops like a wet sandbag from a hot air balloon during a rain storm. If anyone has suggestions to raise that level, let me know soon. I need all the help I can get.

I did finish Year 7 and I have to say I was pleased with the ending. But I need to read it again. I wasn't completely into it like I usually am with the HP books. I chock it up to my reading the first 6 right before. I should have left a little breathing room of antici.....pation, instead. So I'll have to read it again. But not right now.

Maybe this whole blahness is that it's August and I'm not prepping for the upcoming school year. This is the first year since I was 4 where I wasn't buying school supplies or looking at the class schedule and planning my day. Every other year I've been feeling that oncoming rush of the first day - summer was over and just around the corner there were new lessons to learn, new classes to take, and the onslaught of knowledge that hopefully I would grasp and retain.

Of course, I do have CBT's and CDC's for work (computer based training and correspondence development course, respectively). Hmmm, maybe I should go buy some new highlighters, pencils and a backpack to motivate me into studying those. Ooo, and post its! And folders! And a protractor! Everyone needs a protractor!

Okay, nevermind. I'm just going to go to See Jane Work and check out some toys.

No comments: