06 August 2007

Run, Forrest, Run!

Well, I'm officially not sick anymore (even though I still have moments of snot). I'm sure you wanted to know that.

Last week I prepped with my Running Buddy for our 1.5 mile run, situps, pushups test for work on Saturday. We both did awesome, though I do need to work on my pushups and I felt awful for holding him back.

Today we ran 9.7 (just a few blocks short of 10) and actually it felt really good. We did walk probably more than we should (my fault – I blame my secondhand smoke upbringing and snot – two great reasons if you ask me), but really at the end I felt well enough that if pressed I probably could have ran more. We were at an 11:32 pace, which is great. And surprisingly I'm not as stiff or sore as I thought I would be, though my right Achilles tendon and left knee are hurting a little (maybe from carrying a 9-month-old up and down stairs).

I am still glad that I didn't run the half a week ago. I wouldn't have made that. This run was great and I know as I'm in crunch mode before the marathon that this was a good start but not good enough. I have to focus and work hard these next couple months. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't run it either. You seemed really worn out from the week. No sense pushing yourself too far. Hope all is well.
Karen