24 August 2007

A day of threes

Three Great Things: wingy, finding DC and Splenda, Saints win.

Three Icky Things: RA, the Navy guys, Indians lose.

Let's start with the icky things since they're, well, icky.

RA was a tough moment. I didn't want her to leave but she felt it best. Fair enough, a person has to do what is best for them, but it did make for a rough morning. I got RA a little going away present though: Mika, Captain, and some lotion.

The Navy guys – well, granted they were justified, but still kind of mean about the whole thing. Chad and I went for wingy today and on the way in we see these two Navy guys coming and both of us look at each other, both mumbling, “I have no idea. Do you know? No. I don't know. Crap.” Ranks are tough enough just between our two services – keeping them straight and finding them on these new uniforms just sucks. And the Navy is just insane with their ranks and they only put them on one lapel and often they look like insignias so it's hard to tell. Anyway, we walk past them in conversation and we get about 4 feet beyond the Navy guys and suddenly we hear, “What, you guys don't know how to salute anymore?” shit. They were a captain and something (we still aren't sure what his rank was, but we couldn't see the captain's bars because his head had blocked them as we walked by). Anyway, we tried to apologize and the guy just kept jacking us up. “You don't know what railroad tracks are?” (Yes, what I'd like to throw you on right now, but that's another thought.) He kept going on and on. Finally I said, kind of sternly, “SIR, we apologize (we saluted). Have a good day, sir.” And we turned around. As we walked to the door I just moaned the Ralphie special - “fuuuuuudddddgggeeee”. Both Chad and I felt like crap the rest of the day and my whole protocol capabilities went out the window – two times that afternoon I forgot my cap as I walked out the door. Sheesh.

Indians lose. To KC. WTF? That's all I can say right now.

Now the good things. WOOHOO!

Wingy! In honor of seeing K&E this coming Monday, I had to get a little wingy in me. I looked like a pig. Chad had 6; I had 12. Crazy, but oh...so...good.

DC with S – yesterday I was sad that I can't find this anymore in the area. Mom called me at 2:27 and said her friend could get me DC with S in Mankato and how many would I like. “Four.” “Four?” “Yes, four.” Then she wondered if she should get some for my brother (who also likes it). “Yes.” “How many?” “Four.” “Four?” “Yes, four, and if he doesn't want them all, I'll take them.” This is a great reason to clean out my storage area – I'll need a place to keep Diet Coke as I stock up.

Train. Mom had free tickets to the SF Canaries game, so we decided to go tonight since they were having fireworks after the game. And luckily they were playing the Saints so I could maybe see Charlie play (he didn't) and cheer for a great team. I was nice and courteous as I sat amongst the Canaries fans. Mom and I had fun quietly cheering them on, counting the strikes (two more, one more – buh bye), counting the outs, and cheering on the cute ump as he wiggled his butt. And I wore my superhero shirt, necklace, Indians hat and sweatshirt. (funny tangent – when I walked to my seat with my hat on, a guy in the stands stared at my hat and said, “I?” I just smiled and said, “You bet.”) As they won the game I had to stand up and cheer. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: