13 August 2007

Feeling full, in a good way

The Cities are just so rejuvenating.

Yeah, I know that sounds weird but I just had a great, relaxing weekend. I got into town late Saturday, checked in to my room, freshened up and headed off to the Guthrie for 1776.

HOLY CRAP this was an awesome musical. The guy playing John Adams was incredible, not quite what I had pictured John Adams to be when I read the David McCullough book, but incredible, truly. The only part I didn't like was Martha Jefferson's song. That wasn't really impressive and somehow I doubt that that week was the first time Ben and John discovered that Tom knew how to play the violin but whatever.

Sunday I drove by my old place and luckily A1 and A2 were outside so I stopped and caught up with them a little. It was great to see them again, and to reunite with my boyfriend (O'Ryan the cat – did I spell that right? - how sad, I don't even know how to spell my boyfriend's name). Anyway, they looked great and it was so fun to see them again.

Then it was off to shop with Debbie. She is my shopping guru and I needed to complete my ensemble for Sarah's wedding Saturday. I think we did very well, everything for under $100 and if I had paid real price for everything instead of the sale price it would have been closer to $300. YAY!

I decided to test drive my outfit at the Guthrie that night during Private Lives. It worked, though I think a different shirt might work better. I'll have to do some checking this week and once it's completed I'll see about getting a picture so y'all can see how hot I am. Ha!

Today I was blessed to meet up with Brenda. What a joy. I miss seeing and talking with her. It was great to get the update on the National Assembly and status of policy change (nada). Then it was off to see Keith. *sigh* I love getting massages. And I feel so great afterward. If you're in the TC area I highly recommend him for sports massages. He works wonders.

I also ran by the old homestead (aka the former workplace) to check on a package I inadvertently mailed to my old address and saw and had great conversations with Kris, Paul, Victoria, Rollie, Mark, Alice, David and Paul. There are certain people I miss there and so many I don't and I'm glad I got to see these folks. It was great.

Now I'm home and getting ready for the week. Don't you love the play by play I give you after my weekends? I regret not seeing JB, Mark, Jeff, or the boys. But hopefully the next trip.

No comments: