23 August 2007

I take favor with you

I thought I'd take a page from JB and Megan's blogs, so to speak, and list my fave/unfaves.

Things I favor:

The Indians. I know I'm from this area and so I'm supposedly supposed to like the Twins, but in my youth I came to loathe hearing about the MN teams and especially when they were referred to as “our team”. Ahem. We don't have teams. So I began my search for a team worthy of my fanaticism, as it were, and there were the Indians. I'm still looking for a football team because the Tom Landry Dallas Cowboys don't exist anymore, much to my dismay.

Running. Have I mentioned I like running? Yeah, well I do. But really I should amend this to 'running in 70 degree weather' because running in humidity or unbearable heat where the weather dudes tell you to stay inside and stay hydrated because the heat index is skyrocketing just plain sucks. Ran 5 tonight in 70 degree weather and felt great. Walked little and only because RB and I were talking about some work stuff that we got in some heated discussions.

Wild Hogs” Yes, I loved this movie. I'm such a dork sometimes. The camping scene literally had me on the floor laughing.

Psych” This is such an underrated show. USA network, Friday's at 9pm. Now of course this shows just how little of a social life I have, since I am home most every Friday watching this, but it's so funny. Monk is on just before which is also a good one. :)

High Energy Levels. My boss has been gone for 3 weeks. Finally he's back and even though he was only in the office for 30 minutes today, the energy level in my office went up. I could feel it. (And just to help matters I sang “The boys are back in town” to him when he came in.)

Things I don't favor:

Not finding Diet Coke with Splenda anywhere. What is going on? Did they discontinue it or just in my area? If any of my friends out there in blogland can find this, please let me know, or buy it and I'll pay you back. I can't find it anywhere here!

Snake pits. Not literally, but rather those that occur in workplaces where you get to the point that you can't say a word without worrying that someone will take it out of context. Or where you feel you can't even go into the printer room because people are there having conversations you probably shouldn't or at least really don't want to hear.

Eating alone. I love to cook, but cooking for one is, well, sad. A friend came over the other night so I got to actually cook – chicken with bruschetta (which I can't spell), steamed veggies (via Green Giant), rolls and fresh fruit for dessert. It was so fun to plan a meal and put it together. I pulled out my good dishes and silverware, my tablecloth (to go over Sterilite containers since I don't have chairs for my table yet) and even put the buns in a clothed basket. How fun!

Being far away from my friends. 'nuf said.

No comments: